CM-FX6: Android: Serial console connection
By default, the serial console provides access to
- kernel console
- bootloader command line interface
The kernel console with full root access, provides the most powerful access gate to the CM-FX6 module.
Bootloader command line interface
Prior to kernel boot, the serial console provides the U-Boot bootloader command line interface, which enables modification of kernel boot arguments.
Upon power on, U-Boot performs a short countdown (default 3 seconds), prior to proceeding to kernel boot.
Press ENTER to stop the countdown, and access the command line interface. Type in boot to proceed to kernel boot.
Connecting to serial console
The serial console is routed to the P60 RS232 jack on the SB-FX6 base board.
The line speed is 115200 bps.
Below provided directions for configuring IVT VT220 in Windows:
- Launch IVT VT220.
- In transport protocol, choose "Serial" with the following settings:
- Press the "Setup" button.
- The "IVT Setup System" window opens. Press the serial settings button.
- In the Serial Setup window, choose the following settings:
- Save the settings.