CL-SOM-iMX8X evaluation kit is preloaded with the CL-SOM-iMX8X Yocto Linux image.
- Connect a DVI/HDMI Display to HDMI connector J1 using a standard HDMI/DVI cable.
- Connect a USB Keyboard to USB connector U30.
- Make sure jumper E15 is not populated.
- Make sure jumpers E8, E9 and E10 are populated (default state).
- Connect a standard USB cable (included in the kit) between your host PC and the evaluation kit micro-USB2.0 connector P12.
- On your host PC, start a terminal emulation program (such as HyperTerminal) with the following serial port settings:
Starting the system
- Connect the DC 12V power supply adapter (included in the kit) to DC power connector J3.
- Follow the messages in your terminal emulator program until you see the linux login prompt.
- Use the credentials below to login.
- username: root
- no password
||In case no messages appear in your terminal emulation program, please refer to the detailed USB console guide.