CL-SOM-AM57x: Yocto Linux: Automatic Installation
This article provides an installation guide for Yocto Linux kernel and Arago root file system on the CompuLab CL-SOM-AM57x System-on-Module / Computer-on-Module eMMC internal storage device.
- Obtain a PC workstation with a serial communication port or a free USB 2.0 Host port.
- Download the Yocto Linux package for CL-SOM-AM57x from CompuLab website. Unzip the package to a directory on your host workstation.
- Copy the content of the package folder images to the SD card:
- bootscr.img, ramdisk.img, kernel.img, ramdisk.dtb, rootfs.tar.bz2, install.ext2, install.sh, am57xx-sbc-am57x.dtb, zImage-cl-som-am57x.
- Connect the host PC to the SB-SOM-AM57x base-board (connector P8) via the serial cable supplied with the evaluation kit.
|SB-SOM-AM57x base-board features Serial-to-USB adapter available through connector P7. It can be used as an alternative debug port to connect the Host PC via the micro-USB cable supplied with the evaluation kit|
- Start terminal emulation software on your PC with the following serial port settings:
Baud Rate Data Bits Stop Bits Parity Flow Control 115200 8 1 none none
- Insert the MMC/SD card into the MMC/SD socket (P9) on the SB-SOM-AM57x baseboard.
- Turn on the CL-SOM-AM57x evaluation system.
- The system will boot from the SD card and start the automatic installation procedure.
Press any key to cancel installation 0 Install... Updating partitions... [ 13.784919] mmcblk0: p1 p2 Format partitions ... [ 19.328976] random: mkfs.ext4 urandom read with 41 bits of entropy available Mounting partitions ... Copy kernel files ... Extract user space ... [ 30.187868] random: nonblocking pool is initialized Mounting update disk ... Update user space file system... Please remove installation SD card ... Press any key to cancel restart 0 [ 278.026487] EXT4-fs (ram0): re-mounted. Opts: (null) The system is going down NOW! Sent SIGTERM to all processes Sent SIGKILL to all processes Requesting system reboot [ 280.068187] reboot: Restarting system
- The system will reboot automatically to the newly installed Debian Linux.
- Please remember to remove the installation SD card to prevent re-installation.
- Automatic installation doesn't start.
The U-Boot environment should be set to default:
- Power on the board.
- Press and hold Ctrl-C to get command prompt.
- Set default U-Boot environment and boot the board:# env default -a # boot