CM-T43: Yocto Linux: Automatic Installation
This article provides an installation guide for Yocto Linux kernel and Arago root file system on the CompuLab CM-T43 System-on-Module / Computer-on-Module eMMC internal storage device.
- Obtain a PC workstation with a serial communication port or a free USB 2.0 Host port.
- Download the Yocto Linux package for CM-T43 from CompuLab website. Unzip the package to a directory on your host workstation.
- Copy the content of the package install folder to an SD card. The SD card must be at least of 1GB size.
- Connect the host PC to the CM-T43 base-board (connector P8) via the serial cable supplied with the evaluation kit.
|SB-SOM-T43 base-board features Serial-to-USB adapter available through connector P7. It can be used as an alternative debug port to connect the Host PC via the micro-USB cable supplied with the evaluation kit|
- Start terminal emulation software on your PC with the following serial port settings:
Baud Rate Data Bits Stop Bits Parity Flow Control 115200 8 1 none none
- Insert the MMC/SD card into the MMC/SD socket (P9) on the SB-SOM-T43 baseboard.
- Turn on the CM-T43 evaluation system.
- The system will boot from the SD card and start the automatic installation procedure.
Press any key to cancel installation 0 === Mount Source /dev/mmcblk0p1 === * mount_source [ ] ===Installing OS=== * Updating partitions * Formatting partitions * mount_destination [ ] * Copying kernel files * Extracting user space rootfs.tar.bz2 432MiB 0:10:03 [ 732KiB/s] [================================>] 100% * unmount_destination [ ] === Unmount Source /dev/mmcblk0p1 === * unmount_source [ ] Please remove installation SD card ... Press any key to cancel restart 0 umount: can't umount /root/install: Invalid argument The system is going down NOW! Sent SIGTERM to all processes Sent SIGKILL to all processes Requesting system reboot [ 640.525944] reboot: Restarting system
- The system will reboot automatically to the newly installed Debian Linux, with or without the SD-card in the slot. However, for subsequent boots, make sure the SD-card is out, or the installation procedure will be rerun.
- Automatic installation doesn't start.
The U-Boot environment should be set to default:
- Power on the board.
- Press and hold Ctrl-C to get command prompt.
- Set default U-Boot environment and boot the board:# env default -a # boot